At least one parent/guardian registration is required.
New accounts will be sent an email confirmation message with instructions
to setup a password.
At least one parent/guardian email address must be provided.
Check the boxes to indicate which parent/guardians should receive team-wide emails.
Enter the information for each
being registered below.
At least one
registration is required.
District Of Columbia
Zip/Postal Code *
What size t-shirt does your first registered swimmer wear?
If necessary: What size t-shirt does your second registered swimmer wear?
If necessary: What size t-shirt does your third registered swimmer wear?
If necessary: What size t-shirt does your fourth registered swimmer wear?
I am unable to volunteer at
meets but will donate $75 to the team.
A lot of parental involvement is necessary just
to make the swim meet run smoothly and your involvement makes the swim season
more fun and enjoyable for your children. We absolutely need your help this
season. Please consider two or more areas where you and/or your spouse (or older children) are
willing to help. Some only require an hour or two at the meets and no prior
experience is needed. If you are interested in officiating, please ask one of
the team representatives for a training schedule.
RUNNERS: Get the cards to the scribes and
water to volunteers at home meets
Prepare pool area
TIMERS: Time the swimmers; 3 required
Serve and sell
food & drinks
OFFICIALS: Work on deck to officiate the meet
swimmers organized into heats and lanes
Please understand – we
would much rather have you volunteer than take your money. Swimming is one of
the few sports that REQUIRES family participation. We cannot participate
in meets without everyone’s help.
request that you sign up to volunteer early so we do not have to spend time
Please keep in mind that
we all have kids swimming and would like to sit and watch them – it is not fair
for the same parents to work the entire meet week after week because others
choose not to help.
AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
my entry and participation in the events of the Brenham Dolphins is without
responsibility of any kind by the Northwest Aquatic League (NWAL) or the Brenham
Dolphins or any other entity sponsoring a related event. I do hereby for and on
behalf of myself, and my heirs and legal representatives RELEASE and forever
discharge the NWAL, its officers, directors, representatives, coaches and
volunteers from any and all claims, demands, and injuries, howsoever arising,
whether caused by the negligent or intentional acts of the NWAL or any of its
swim clubs and their representatives, representatives of other sponsoring
clubs, or by third parties, which injuries may be in any way related to my
activities as a member of the Brenham Dolphins and any prior traveling to or
from the events described, and all such claims are hereby WAIVED and RELEASED,
and I agree not to sue therefore. The parent and guardian, by signing below,
does hereby agree to INDEMNIFY and hold harmless the NWAL and its officers,
directors, coaches, representatives, volunteers, the sponsoring swim club from
any liability which may incur to the participant, however arising and whether
caused by the negligent or intentional acts of NWAL, its officers, directors,
coaches, representatives, volunteers, or the Brenham Dolphins.
I HAVE READ AND
UNDERSTAND THE FOREGOING RELEASE AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT.
I am the parent and/or legal guardian of the above named child, and in consideration of my child's participation in the above event , I fully approve and consent to my child's participation in the event and in all related activities. I understand that the event will not be supervised by the City of Brenham Personnel, including lifeguards. I understand that I cannot hold the City of Brenham responsible for any actions by my child or any damages or harm caused by my child, and I agree to hold harmless and indemnify of City of Brenham for any liability related to the negligent, willful or intentional acts of my child. I also release the City of Brenham (including claims for negligence) for personal injury, sickness, death, property damage, other harm, and expanses which may be directly or indirectly incurred by my child related to his or her participation in the event or related activities.
I grant the City of Brenham an unqualified right to create, edit, use, publish, and establish copyright ownership any photographs, audio or visual recordings, or other complete or partial depictions of my child pertaining to this event and any related activities, including the use of my child's name; and I release, discharge, and agree to hold harmless and indemnify the City of Brenham for any liability relating to the production, editing, publication, or other use of any such photographs, writings, or recordings, including without limitation any claims for libel or invasion of privacy.
I am of full age and have every right to contract for the minor in the above regard. I have read the above, am fully familiar with the contents thereof, and have no questions or reservations. This release shall be binding upon me and my heirs, legal representatives and assigns.
Children’s sports are supposed to be fun – for the children. Unfortunately, many parent, fans and coaches don’t realize that their actions, whether verbal or nonverbal, can have a lasting emotional effect on children. Too many children are leaving sports activities because the fun is unfairly taken away by adults.This following Code of Conduct is for parents and spectators to abide by at every practice and meet.
The essential elements of character building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concept of sportsmanship and six core principles: trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, and caring and good citizenship. The highest potential of sports is achieved when competition reflects these “six pillars of character.”
I therefore agree:
1. I will remember that children participate to have fun and that the sport is for youth, not adults.
2. I will inform the coach of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of my child or the safety of others.
3. I will learn the rules of the sport and the policies of the league.
4. I (and my guests) will be a positive role model for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all swimmers, coaches, officials and spectators at every meet, practice, or other sporting event.
5. I (and my guests) will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, player, or parent such as booing and taunting; refusing to shake hands; or using profane language or gestures.
6. I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that would endanger the health and wellbeing of the athletes.
7. I will teach my child to play by the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
8. I will demand that my child treat other players, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, sex or ability.
9. I will teach my child that doing one’s best is more important than winning, so that my child will never feel defeated by the outcome of a race or his/her performance.
10. I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard, and make my child feel like a winner every time.
11. I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
12. I will emphasize skill development and practices and how they benefit my child over winning .I will also de-emphasize meets and competition in the lower age groups.
13. I will promote the emotional and physical wellbeing of the athletes ahead of any personal desire I may have for my child to win.
14. I will respect the officials and their authority during meets and will never question, discuss, or confront coaches or officials at the meets, and will take time to speak with them at an agreed upon time and place.
15. I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at all sports events.
16. I will refrain from coaching my child or other players during meets and practices, unless I am one of the official coaches of the team.
I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that could include, but is not limited to the following:
I understand that as a member of the Brenham Dolphins swim
team, I will follow the rules of the coach and the team.
I understand that if I don’t follow the rules, the following